NEW DATE moved to Sunday, 13th September 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, SSASO is monitoring the government’s guidelines with regard to public events and numbers of people allowed in a gathering. The new September date is now planned unless guidelines prevent otherwise.
SSASO will be hosting an all breeds dock jumping competition at the K9 Fun Zone in Caledonia on Sunday, 13th September 2020.
The first splash will commence at 1.15 pm and the event will wrap up at 5.30 pm. There will be a mandatory competitors’ meeting at 1.00 pm by the pool.
- There will be 3 rounds of splashes offered with places for up to 25 dogs in each round.
- You may enter your dog/s in any or all of the 3 splashes*. (*Please note that due to COVID and restrictions on crowds at events, entries will be initially open to those competing in ALL 3 Splash Rounds with the same dog/s (up to a max of 3 dogs per splash. After 14th August 2020, we will accept general entries if places are still available and until our restricted event limit is filled. We thank you for your understanding at this challenging time whilst we keep to government guidelines to keep everyone safe.)
- Dogs get 2 back to back jumps per splash, best of the 2 jumps is recorded.
- Dogs will be placed in Divisions based on their jump distance for that splash.
- Club ribbons will be awarded to the top Division jumps in each of the 3 splashes and rosettes awarded for the top Division jumpers of the fundraiser.
- All winners will be listed on the SSASO website and social media pages.
Jumping Divisions are:
Novice: 0 ft – 10 ft
Sport: 10.1 ft – 15 ft
Pro: 15.1 ft – 18 ft
Elite: 18.1 ft and over
- Online registration entry form – NOW FULL/ENTRIES CLOSED
- 25 entries per splash are available. They are first come, first served.
- $20 per splash via online pre-registration.
- $25 per splash on day of event (registration time is 12.00 – 12.45 pm in parking lot if places are still available).
|Carnivore’s Cupboard may have some items available for purchase at the event (cash only).
SSASO will have club information available on site.
- If the fundraising event wraps up early, the dock will be open until 5.45 pm for fun jumps after the awards for anyone who has paid an entry fee. (Does not have to be the same dog in the competition). All funding from this event will go towards future SSASO club events, with focus on the MacGregor Point Dryland Derby to be held on 7-8th November 2020.
Anyone wishing to help out by volunteering please let a SSASO board member know by using the Contact Form to the right or email Lori Leaney of Carnivore’s Cupboard (email@example.com). We always appreciate any help we can get!
SSASO Splash is a ‘long jump for dogs’
The dog, which may be placed anywhere on the 40 foot dock, runs and jumps into the water after a floating toy (provided by the handler) is thrown. The distance is judged from the end of the dock to where the tail set of the dog breaks the water’s surface. (No food is allowed on the dock or in the pool).
- The event is open to all breeds. Dogs must be 6 month of age and can already swim.
- All entry fees are non-refundable (excluding a vet’s note).
- If all 25 places are filled per splash via online registrations, no places will be available on the day of the event.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times, excluding on the dock or in the free run area.
- No retractable leashes allowed.
- No prong collars allowed in pool. Flat collars recommended.
- Dogs must jump of their own free will – no pushing, shoving or throwing of any dog into the water. Otherwise you will be immediately disqualified and this will result in removal from the event grounds.
- If you are disqualified from the event, you will leave the event grounds and no refund will be provided.
- Clean up after your dog/s. Remove your garbage and scoop the poop.
- Competitors’ meeting before each round is mandatory, you must be in attendance or will be disqualified.
- No more than 2 handlers and 1 dog on the dock at a time.
- Dogs have 2 minutes on the dock to complete their jump, or will pass up their turn.
- Competitors waiting in line shall give 8 feet space between surrounding dogs.
- NO bitches in heat shall be allowed on the premises.
- If there is a tie for top 3 over all Division placements, then dogs will compete in a ‘Jump Off’ to determine placement winner.
**Please only enter dog/s that already jump off the dock and can swim, this is not the time to come and try it.**
If you wish to practice before the event you can book time slots through K9 Fun Zone:
5285 Highway #6
Caledonia N3W 1Z9