SSASO is a not for profit sled dog association. Currently, SSASO membership is free and you join the club by joining our Facebook Group.
Through our Facebook Group, our goal is to provide the community with interesting and educational literature and updates related to sled dogs. We also provide updates for SSASO Events as well as updates for a few other groups.
SSASO has a mission statement and a code of conduct which can be viewed/downloaded.
We have a dedicated Board of Directors and seat holders that are constantly working together to bring the community together by offering events through our club or in partnership with other groups or clubs.
Legal Board Seats:
Lisa De Gennaro – President
Richard Meldrum – Vice President
Bill Gasper – Treasurer
Sally Kirkby – Secretary
Mark Clements – General Manager
SSASO Chair positions/volunteers:
Lori Leaney – Event Support
Catherine Thomas – Lead Event Volunteer
Andrea Williams – Lead Event Volunteer
Deb Langlois – Fundraising and Shows Event Lead
Bill Gaspar – Event Support & Trail Boss
Richard Meldrum – Grants & Sponsorship Applications
Sally Kirkby – Website Design & Management
SSASO Schedule of Events until Spring 2019
- We are teaming up with UKC Grand River Kennel Club to help run the Siberian Husky Breed Booster on Sunday 16th September 2018. To be judged by Kevin Izard-Carroll.
- MacGregor Point Dryland Sled Dog Derby on Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th November 2018 (3rd year).
- We help organise the mushers & sled teams side of the Annual Seguin Sled Dog Mail Run to be held on Saturday 16th February 2019.
- Every Family Day (Monday 18th February 2019) SSASO has a ‘Meet the Sled Dogs & Equipment Demos’ at MacGregor Point Park.
- Siberian Husky Sled Dog Showcase on Saturday 11th May 2019 in the Saugeen Shores, Ontario area. Our 3 judges for the show case are: Ann Stead, Jim Cunningham & Lynn Hiley.
If you are interested in helping or providing a monetary or in-kind donation to any of these events please let any of the SSASO Board members know.